For courses that make use of optimization models and methods, we invite you to obtain temporary versions of AMPL to give out to your students. Key features of this program include:
You can include any or all of the following high-quality commercial solvers in your students’ AMPL for Courses packages:
- AMPL and solvers are provided in easily installed packages for Windows, Linux, and MacOSX.
- You can freely install the packages on any computers used for the course, and distribute them to students for use on their own computers.
- Once AMPL for Courses as been installed, students can add the AMPL IDE to get an integrated command processor and editor that is uniform over all platforms.
- Problem sizes are unrestricted.
- The distributed AMPL and solver files are activated for the duration of the course, then stop working after the course ends.
- Only a one-page request form needs to be submitted for each course offering.
The AMPL for Courses version, provided at no charge, is intended to complement the purchase of permanent AMPL and solver academic licenses for use in labs and research projects. We provide assistance to the course instructor, with support for the students to be provided through the course.
- CONOPT, general nonlinear
- CPLEX, linear & convex quadratic with mixed-integer
- Gurobi, linear & convex quadratic with mixed-integer
- KNITRO, general nonlinear with mixed-integer
- MINOS, linear & general nonlinear
- SNOPT, general nonlinear
- Xpress, linear & convex quadratic with mixed-integer
To request AMPL for Courses, simply fill out one copy of our request form for each relevant class offering. Return the completed form by fax to +1 425-940-6286 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this program, write to email@example.com. See also our summary of other programs for free trial use of AMPL and solvers.